6.07.2014

A Week to Go!

While we've done pre-k stuff and relaxed learning in the past, we will be officially homeschooling beginning Monday, June 16th!  To say I'm excited is an understatement.  I've been going over the curriculum and working on organizing.  I am a bit overwhelmed at all of the things that are included with the lessons.  Not that they are too much to accomplish, because a lot of it is "do as much/little as you want."  However, the possible activities are very abundant and I LOVE IT!  Once we get started and into a good groove with MFW, we will slowly add in our music lessons and our super-cool-catchy-fun-etiquette factory lessons (seriously, we've already got the CD memorized and haven't even started the actual "curriculum" yet!).

So with my handy life planner (yeah, completely worth the $$, btw, and so customizable!), I am filling in our daily schedule while leaving room for flexibility.  This includes soccer, co-ops, band practice (for moi), work, playdates, etc.  The first 10 days of MFW is all about setting a foundation.  So we will actually start our units after that.  Each unit is actually 6 days which is encouraging due to my wonky schedule.  The 10 days of foundation are about Creation.  Here is an example of our first 2 weeks:

MONDAY 
Lessons: (Day 1-Day and Night)
Bible Lesson
Math-Creation Numbers
ABC Song
Letter names
Review Names
Creation Book
Songs
Activity

TUESDAY
Same as above (Day 2-Sky)
REACH (co-op play group) 1430-1630

WEDNESDAY
Same lessons (Day 3-Land and Plants)
PEACE (co-op play and field trip group) 1200-1500

THURSDAY
Rest day (Work away from home)

FRIDAY
Same lessons (Day 4-Sun, Moon, and Stars)

SATURDAY
Rest day (work away from home)

SUNDAY
Park Day! (yes, this is actually in the curriculum!)

MONDAY
Same lessons (Day 5-Birds and Fish)

TUESDAY
Same lessons (Day 6-Animals and People)
REACH co-op 1430-1630
First soccer practice for the WCSL 1830

WEDNESDAY
Rest Day (work away from home)

THURSDAY
Same lessons (Day 7-God Rested)
PEACE co-op 1200-1500

FRIDAY
Review Day

SATURDAY
Park/Zoo Day (weather permitting)

So, there you have it.  I'll post a more detailed lesson plan at a later time (hopefully with some pictures).  My plan this week is to finish putting the lessons together in file folders and gather our supply list items.  Woot woot!

 photo dotssignature600_zps23c8ddf3.png

No comments :

Post a Comment